Tuesday, March 06, 2007

28 October 2007

Dear Aymory

Slept in!!!!!

A nice feeling, althought it was a late night :) .

Went to the pilgrims' mass at noon and heard 'Canada' called out. It was quite satifying to hear. (During mass, it is the practice to read out the home countries of each pilgrim who received a 'compostela' the day before.) Its hard to believe its over. It had to be at some point but it seems as if I have always been walking and at the same time, that I never was.

Met Peter and Farah Elliott after mass. We chatted a bit and decided to meet at 2:00 for lunch. Until then, I wandered the old town. We met up in the square, found a nice restaurant and enjoyed a good meal and great conversation. In no time at all, it was 6:00 pm.

Returned to my room and had a nap. Went out and wandered the old town in the evening - ate chestnuts and people-watched in the squares. (I just love the ambience of the small squares.) Met an American couple (David and Christine) who finished the Camino several days ago. He has spent his career with the Ameican foreign service and we had a very interesting conversation.

Returned to my room about midnight. Slept well.

Ultreya