Tuesday, March 06, 2007

1 November 2006

Dear Aymory

Up early. Took a cab to the airport and will soon be on my way. Did all of this (or any of this) really happen?

While sitting in the airport, I heard my name being called out. With amazement and delight, I was greeted by Bev and her daughter Madeleine with whom I had walked. We had wanted to get together in Santiago de Compostela but it was not to be. Turns out, they were staying a block from me and as we looked for each other, we must have crossed paths a dozen times.

We spent a delightful hour in the airport, garnering some interesting looks from other travelers.

Soon, it was time to part. Words alone cannot begin to express the impact that walking the Camino de Santiago has had for me. I suspect that I will be a long time reflecting on this experience and on how I will integrate it into my life. It was an amazing experience that I am very grateful for. The challenge now, when I walk out of Plaza d'Obradoiro, is to continue to walk my Camino in the yet-to-be-discovered country of the rest of my life.

Ultreya